Wednesday 2 November 2011

Scaly Breasted Munia...

Walking back from the office to my Vehicle - I caught sight of this beautiful bird. I remember as a kid I bought two pairs of these birds - I love birds and did take care of them as much I could but they did not survive for too long. I saw them being traded in markets every now and then for a fairly long time after this incident but had by then understood that these birds are not the kind that will survive easily in captivity.

I took another initiative and asked some of my colleagues whether they recognised this bird - to my surprise none of them had seen this earlier - let alone recognising it. I feel sad that our modern lifestyles have taken us so far from nature where we do not have time and aptitude to take time to appreciate nature - let alone being part of it.

 These are two more snaps of the same bird. And before I pen off - These photographs are with my Brand New 100-400L series lens....

No comments: