Monday 4 April 2016

Plum-headed Parakeet: Blo*dy Show Off...

We were four of us who had gone hunting the Elusive Blue-bearded Bee-eater in Nahan and like so many other times - the bird decided that this was still not the right time to get a tick in my lifer list. Disappointed ? Yes and while on the drive back Mr Mahesh who was sitting in front while I was at the wheel shouted stop - the drill was set - rear view, look right, look left and apply breaks - I asked what ?

He replied that there is a Plum-headed Parakeet sitting on a perch. I was not at all happy as I have clicked this bird a thousand times and on all possible good perches… All the same I reversed the car to the spot and when I saw it - once again my heart skipped a beat. Inspite of having seen this bird a zillion times - this one was as striking and as beautiful as the first one I would have seen in my life. The bird too was half drowsy with no intention to have the afternoon siesta being snatched away with a couple of paparazzi. Presenting here some of the hundred or so snaps that I clicked yesterday...

Plum-headed Parakeet

Oh No !! The paparazzi again...

We were not the only one disturbing this bird - I swear - there were bugs too...

No comments: